In 1868 it was decided to raise a monument to the glory of this heroine of France. Lack of a
site in Rouen meant that it was built in Bonsecours. The two-metre tall statue is placed in
the main Renaissance-style pavilion, whose dome is surmounted with a golden statue of
Saint Michel, while two smaller pavilions on either side house statues of Saint Marguerite
and Saint Catherine. The monument was opened in 1892.